WinXP error with everything RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    friends, I have just formatted my PC and installed a fresh XP on It ,then I have updated XP from Windows update now it became SP3. Everything was alright but the problem starts when I am trying to install any application then XP shows an error that the package is corrupted, although its not(I have installed the same application on my laptop).

Even when I am trying to unzip any zipped file winrar shows archive is broken !!!(But the same archive I unzipped successfully on my Laptop). Now when I am trying to open IExplorer it shows IE has encountered a problem and the famous Send/Don't Send screen appears.

Please Help........
    • Moved by Kiran Polimetla Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:50 AM Not related to Social Bookmarks (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post!

I would suggest posting your question in the forum below.

For Windows XP: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/threads/

Hope that helps.

Have a great day!
    Kiran Polimetla, Tier 2 Application Support, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 10:49 AM
  • by default windows xp ships with ie 6 try to upgrade to ie8 and then reboot, as fara s winrar, if its a standard zip file try another program if it was installed before the sp3 get a newer copy it may not be supported
    get the ie8 straight for microsoft site and see if that helps
    another reason could be that both the desktopandthe laptop are using the same CD key and online at the same time instant conflict
    Friday, June 12, 2009 4:08 AM