WLOC New build 2.0.2500.10 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

Microsoft has just released a new build of Windows Live One Care.

The build is 2.0.2500.10

Will this be automatically updated without having to uninstall WLOC and download WLOC 2.0.2500.10?

What are the improvements of this new build?

Thanks for replying.

Ben

Friday, November 9, 2007 11:50 AM

Answers

• Hello Ben, the new build update should be automatic and should require no action on your part. This should be the last beta release before production.

Friday, November 9, 2007 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hello Ben, the new build update should be automatic and should require no action on your part. This should be the last beta release before production.

Friday, November 9, 2007 12:38 PM
  • Jim,

Thanks for replying.

What are the main improvements of this new build?

Jim, a question for you, I've got a little red cross in IE7, the phising filter can't not verify the sites, how to trouble shoot that? Thanks for replying.

Ben

Friday, November 9, 2007 12:41 PM
  • I'm not sure of what changes were made in the new build as I haven't had much time to play with it yet. I don't know how to troubleshoot the Phishing Filter but maybe this will help - https://phishingfilter.microsoft.com/faq.aspx

Friday, November 9, 2007 2:06 PM
  •  JimR1 wrote:
    Hello Ben, the new build update should be automatic and should require no action on your part. This should be the last beta release before production.

Any idea when this new build (2.0.2500.10) will download and update?  All my PCs are still running 2.0.2392.4 .

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:34 AM
  • The new build was only released to the perpetual beta testers. It is not know if this build will be the final release or if it will be released widely to the public beta. So, at this point, you have the latest available build.

-steve

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:08 PM
  • I have tried to get update on all 3 of my computers but just get the update to download. Have tried the restart and repair links. No help there. Maybe the servers are down??

WesGrant

Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:08 PM
  •  WesGrant wrote:

I have tried to get update on all 3 of my computers but just get the update to download. Have tried the restart and repair links. No help there. Maybe the servers are down??

WesGrant

Wes, if you are in the public beta of 2.0, you will not receive an update.

If you are in the Perpetual beta, you should have been updated. Discussions of the perpetual need to be in the private newsgroup.

If you are using 1.6 as a subscriber, once 2.0 is released, you may not be offered the update for up to 2 weeks based on the way updates are rolled out.

-steve

Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:52 PM
  • I got an email yesterday touting the new features of 2.0, which would be automatically downloaded at some time in the future. No mention of how soon. So still using 2.0.2392.4

Very happily I might add. Like the multiple machine stuff the most

Thursday, November 15, 2007 6:36 PM