Expired Subscription message RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a subscription which expires in May. I use Onecare on a desktop pc and a laptop.

I reformatted my laptop and reinstalled onecare from the website. I logged in using the same login details as before I reformatted the laptop. I get a message telling me my subscription has expired and I am invited to resubscribe. When I follow the link to the Microsoft billing website and use the same login details again I am told I cannot resubscribe as I still have a live subscription.

I am going round in circles and need to restore my backup (which I cant do because my subscription has expired!).

Please help. I've tried uninstalling and cleaning onecare but when I reinstall I get back to the same expired subscription message.

Thanks.

Sunday, February 3, 2008 8:41 PM

Answers

• Check the PC date and time on the PC that you've reinstalled Windows on. I suspect it is a future date, hence the expiration when you try to subscribe with the LiveID that is active per the Billing site.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:50 AM

All replies

• Check the PC date and time on the PC that you've reinstalled Windows on. I suspect it is a future date, hence the expiration when you try to subscribe with the LiveID that is active per the Billing site.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 2:50 AM
  • Steve

Thanks for the tip, you was right.. sort of.

The date on my Pc was about 25 days in the past, which was causing the problem.

Onecare must want the PC date to be within a day or two of the actual date.

Not sure why my PC date was wrong in the first place.

Thanks again.

Mick.

Monday, February 4, 2008 12:13 PM
  • Thanks for reporting back. Interesting that the date was in the past and causing the problem. In any event, I'm glad you were able to solve it.

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 12:27 PM