none
Can we install software into BIOS? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I just came with a question that can we install software into BIOS?

Is it possible to install software in BIOS?

If Yes, How?

Indul Hassan
    Microsoft Community Contributor
    http://www.indulhassan.com
    You Snooze.. You Lose !!

Monday, March 9, 2015 1:46 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the replies and moving it to the right forum.

Indul Hassan
    You Snooze.. You Lose !!

• Marked as answer by Indul Hassan Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:56 PM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Marked as answer by Indul Hassan Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:16 PM
  • Hello,

Perhaps you should let us know what the goal is?

The only reason I can see to attempt to the BIOS is for creating malware, which we won't help you with.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:30 PM
  • The process of flashing the bios is manufacturer dependent so I'd get in touch with them on specific procedures.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:31 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

• Marked as answer by Indul Hassan Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:54 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:16 PM
  • Hello,

Perhaps you should let us know what the goal is?

The only reason I can see to attempt to the BIOS is for creating malware, which we won't help you with.

Karl

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 10:30 PM
  • The process of flashing the bios is manufacturer dependent so I'd get in touch with them on specific procedures.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:31 AM
  • Thanks for the replies and moving it to the right forum.

Indul Hassan
    You Snooze.. You Lose !!

• Marked as answer by Indul Hassan Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 12:56 PM