OneCare Updated to v2.0, I rebooted, OneCare does not start. RRS feed

• Question

• After OneCare updated to v2.0 I rebooted.  My computer took 10 minutes to restart and OneCare never started.

I have rebooted my computer at least 9 times since with the same results... 10 minute start ups and OneCare does not start.

I have just removed OneCare and at least my computer starts in 1 minute again.

FYI:

Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)

Intel 2 CPU T7200 2.0Ghz 4MB Cache

2048MB RAM

>50% of harddrive free

Also, since the update I have been unable to get onto the "Connect" web pages.  I get error messages like this:

The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible. 
    If this error continues, click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to report the issue and include this error ID in your e-mail: 3d03697a-b415-46e5-930a-5c3ae4e7761f

Of course when I follow the instructions and I click the "Contact Us" link I get another error message as above.

Any suggestions?.. and remember I cannot get on the Connect Website.

Friday, October 26, 2007 11:22 PM

Answers

• I assume you are on the Perpetual beta as there is no other way for you to have updated from 1.6.

To resolve your Connect problem so that you can access the private newsgroup and file a bug, clear your temporary Internet files and cookies, Close and open the browser and try signing in again.

Since you removed OneCare, there probably isn't much for you to bring to the table about why it failed, unfortunately. Once you resolve your Connect problem, you can reinstall OneCare from Connect.

-steve

Saturday, October 27, 2007 1:55 AM

All replies

• I assume you are on the Perpetual beta as there is no other way for you to have updated from 1.6.

To resolve your Connect problem so that you can access the private newsgroup and file a bug, clear your temporary Internet files and cookies, Close and open the browser and try signing in again.

Since you removed OneCare, there probably isn't much for you to bring to the table about why it failed, unfortunately. Once you resolve your Connect problem, you can reinstall OneCare from Connect.

-steve

Saturday, October 27, 2007 1:55 AM
  • Yes, I am pertetual beta.

Thank you for the solution to the connect problem.  I am connected now.

I am ready to reinstall but Connect has frustrating instructions:

Reinstall Windows Live OneCare Beta on your computer

If you have an active Windows Live OneCare Beta subscription, you can reinstall OneCare on your computer using your existing subscription. Just follow these easy steps:

1. On the computer where you want to reinstall Windows Live OneCare Beta, go to the [deleted] Web site.
    2. Click Add another PC.
    3. Click Install Windows Live OneCare.
    4. Sign in to Windows Live OneCare Beta with the same Windows Live ID you used when you first installed OneCare.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install Windows Live OneCare Beta.

Well, I click on the link in step #1 and there is no "Add another PC" link as mentioned in step #2

Again, this is frustrating...   I guess I will just click on the only link there and install and hope it accepts my Live ID or Key!

Dave

Saturday, October 27, 2007 2:43 AM
  • The link I deleted from your pasted instructions include the proper download site for the perpetual.

Now that you can get back to Connect, please use the link for newsgroups on the left hand banner in Connect to access the private newsgroups. Don't post about the Perpetual beta here in the forums. Thanks. :-)

And good luck!

-steve

Saturday, October 27, 2007 3:00 AM