Contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    If an existing Contact changes his job, all the correspondence with this Contact transmits automatically to a newly created Account.
    How can I make the transition of Contacts from one Acount to an another correctly?

Thanks in Advance 
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 9:40 AM

Answers

• When you say transmits automatically to a newly created account, are you meaning when you view the newly created account you can see the history of the contact aswell?
    On the history view of an account the default view is the "Related and Regarding records" option, so the view will look at and Account and the Regarding Records for that account and show you the history, as far as I know the activity records don't sit under the account as aswell. So if you wanted to leave the history under the previous account the correspondence would need to be set regarding the account and not the contact.

This is if I understood you correctly :)
    • Marked as answer by xrm Friday, October 23, 2009 11:20 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by xrm Friday, October 23, 2009 11:20 AM
    • Marked as answer by xrm Friday, October 23, 2009 11:21 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:51 PM

All replies

• When you say transmits automatically to a newly created account, are you meaning when you view the newly created account you can see the history of the contact aswell?
    On the history view of an account the default view is the "Related and Regarding records" option, so the view will look at and Account and the Regarding Records for that account and show you the history, as far as I know the activity records don't sit under the account as aswell. So if you wanted to leave the history under the previous account the correspondence would need to be set regarding the account and not the contact.

This is if I understood you correctly :)
    • Marked as answer by xrm Friday, October 23, 2009 11:21 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:51 PM
  • When you define a relationship you can define a relationship behavior. By selecting configurable Cascading you can define the behavior you want for each type of action. In you case I believe you are re-parenting. You can cascade all, cascade active, cascade user owned, or cascade none.

HTH

Dean Jones
    http://www.powerobjects.com

Thursday, October 22, 2009 4:05 PM