Incorrect Date in Account Register RRS feed

• Question

• My credit union (Western Federal) recently changed it's e-banking provider and the file export is now only available as .qfx.  Everything imports into Money Sunset fine except for the date.  I saved one of the file downloads and opened it in Notepad to verify the date.  For some reason Money is changing the date in the account register to one day earlier than what's contained in the .qfx file.  For example, here's the date line from one of the transactions:

<DTPOSTED>20121121000000.000

In Money, the transaction date imports as "11/20/2012".  This is not happening with any of my other file imports from USAA, Chase, Citibank, etc.  Any thoughts???

Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:14 AM

All replies

• On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 05:14:38 +0000, sww1 wrote:

>
    >
    >My credit union (Western Federal) recently changed it's e-banking provider and the file export is now only available as .qfx.  Everything imports into Money Sunset fine except for the date.  I saved one of the file downloads and opened it in Notepad to verify the date.  For some reason Money is changing the date in the account register to one day earlier than what's contained in the .qfx file.  For example, here's the date line from one of the transactions:
    >
    ><DTPOSTED>20121121000000.000
    >
    >In Money, the transaction date imports as "11/20/2012".  This is not happening with any of my other file imports from USAA, Chase, Citibank, etc.  Any thoughts???

I'm pretty certain that when the time zone is unspecified, it is interpreted as being GMT.  So if you are to the west of London, in the US or Canada, that time would be interpreted as being earlier, or, the day before.  I don't know of a fix, though, other than editing the file before import.

Ron
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:02 AM
  • I agree with Ron

Fixes/workarounds:

1. Get provider to provide the value as ><DTPOSTED>20121121120000.000
    In other words, make the time as noon.

That way the day stays the same regardless of the user's timezone

2. Change your Timezone in Windows to France before processing. Change it back after.

3. Run a little program that modifies any timestamps of 0000 to be 1200. I could write such a program.  This would probably mean downloading the file first, running the program, and then importing into Money. This processing would have been done by PocketSense, but I don't know that Western Federal provides an OFX (QFX) server connection.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:05 PM
  • On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 15:05:49 +0000, Cal Learner wrote:

>
    >
    >I agree with Ron
    >
    >Fixes/workarounds:
    >
    >1. Get provider to provide the value as ><DTPOSTED>20121121120000.000
    >In other words, make the time as noon.
    >
    >That way the day stays the same regardless of the user's timezone
    >
    >2. Change your Timezone in Windows to France before processing. Change it back after.
    >
    >3. Run a little program that modifies any timestamps of 0000 to be 1200. I could write such a program.  This would probably mean downloading the file first, running the program, and then importing into Money. This processing would have been done by PocketSense, but I don't know that Western Federal provides an OFX (QFX) server connection.
    >

Another option, if it is available in qfx and you can get the provider to make a change, would be to specify the complete time AND timezone
    e.g:  20121122070000.000[-5:EDT]

Ron
    Friday, November 23, 2012 12:52 AM