VS 2010 Web Site publish does nothing RRS feed

• Question

• I have a VB 2010 project that is a web site.  Two days ago I published it and all went fine.  Today I made a couple of changes and it will no longer publish.  It goes through the whole build thing and then says that the Publish was successful, but puts no files in the output directory.

I've been digging through the issues I've found about VB 2012 publish failures, but none of them work for me.  I do not have a publish profile .xml file in my project.  I don't have the settings in 2010 that are discussed for 2012.  I've tried installing SP1, but that didn't help.

How do I get this thing to publish?  The users want their changes!

• Moved by Amanda Zhu Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:50 AM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:12 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I am afraid that your issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses the usage issue of Visual Studio IDE such as WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

The failure occurred since you made some changes in the web site, so I think maybe this issue is on the specific website. We recommend that you create a new and simple website and publish it. If the new website can publish successfully, then the issue is on the specific website. In this case, I suggest that you can consult your issue on ASP.NET forum: http://forums.asp.net/  for better solution and support.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, January 12, 2015 2:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:50 AM
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 9:37 AM