Live One Care will not load RRS feed

• Question

• My icon is red, but one care will not load.  When it starts to open, it tells me that one care has encountered a problem and needs to close.  It generates an error report, but never displays and error message.  Every thing else seems to work. 

Any suggestions? 

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:54 PM

Answers

• You posted this in the Off Topic folder, so it was ignored and I just located it in a periodic review of the folder.

If you are still encountering this problem:

Check the date and time on your PC. If it is incorrect, the problem you encountered could happen.

If the date and time are accurate, the permissions on the OneCare folder may need to be reset by using the following steps

1. Click Start->Run->Type “CMD(In Vista, type cmd in the search box, but don't hit enter and then right click command.exe and select and “Run as Administrator”)
    2. Type    CACLS "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live" /t /g administrators:f
    3. Type “Y” when prompted.
    4. Restart the machine

Please let us know what resolves it.

-steve

Thursday, April 3, 2008 4:38 PM

All replies

• You posted this in the Off Topic folder, so it was ignored and I just located it in a periodic review of the folder.

If you are still encountering this problem:

Check the date and time on your PC. If it is incorrect, the problem you encountered could happen.

If the date and time are accurate, the permissions on the OneCare folder may need to be reset by using the following steps

1. Click Start->Run->Type “CMD(In Vista, type cmd in the search box, but don't hit enter and then right click command.exe and select and “Run as Administrator”)
    2. Type    CACLS "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows OneCare Live" /t /g administrators:f
    3. Type “Y” when prompted.
    4. Restart the machine

Please let us know what resolves it.

-steve

Thursday, April 3, 2008 4:38 PM
  •  

That wont do anything on XP for my onecare it still wont load. I have Xp home sp3 my computer is a intel dual core i dont understand why my anti-Virus wont open????????? Iv tryed everything from formating my computer about a 100 times to see if i can re do everything for it to work, but it works great for about a week to 2 weeks then it starts this locking up not loading saying its outta date bull when i just got it.  Is there anything i can do to fix this problem with this program. some how?
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:58 PM
  • wayne87, it sounds like your computer battery may be failing and the date and time become incorrect, which would cause the exact issues you are reporting. If the PC date and time are way off (right click the clock in the system tray) OneCare often can't start and usually can't retrieve updates due to issues with file time stamps and the internal database.

If that isn't the case, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:39 PM