none
Script for Searching user accounts RRS feed

• Question

• I want to know if there is script for searching a particular user acct is used/configured in how many places?
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Wednesday, December 12, 2018 9:36 PM Unanswerable drive-by question
    Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:12 AM

All replies

• could you please explain what do you mean when talking about "places"?

If you can do something manually - same action can be done with a script.

The opinion expressed by me is not an official position of Microsoft

Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:43 AM
  • My guess is that Hari2402 wants a script that identifies the computers a specified user has logged into.

Assuming an Active Directory domain, AD does not track who logs into which computer. If you enable auditing of logon and logoff events, a script can query the event logs for this information. Alternatively, logon/logoff scripts can be configured in Group Policy to append datetime, user name, and computer name to a shared log file. The log file can then be queried to determine the computers used by a specified user. In either case, it needs to be setup ahead of time. There are example scripts in the TechNet Gallery for both solutions.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Thursday, August 9, 2018 12:22 PM
  • Sorry for the late response from my side. What i want is if a privileged user is configured as service within the domain before i taken actions like changing password or disabling the account in the domain
    Sunday, September 9, 2018 1:31 PM