A couple issues with OCS 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Setup:
    One domain controller with AD and no OCS installed.
    one server part of the domain with edge server with consolidated topology.
    another server part of the domain with OCS 2007 server installed.

POOL REMOVAL:
    I am trying to remove a pool that we do not need. It fails each time using the OCS 2007 admin MMC. I have fudn that it seems to want to access a sql innstace that no logner exists. dev/instance1. It will nto remove the pool as it can't access this instance which isnt there. I have done FORCE REMOVAL and it still fails. How can i remove this witout the instance being there?

Archiving and cdr servers.
    I have two listed under there but only ONE has a CDR server running. I try to remove the one without anything running on it via  the OCS 2007 admin mmc but I will right click and DEACTIVATE is grayed out. I can't firuge out how to get rid of this server in the list.

ADDING USERS TO POOL:
    Can't seem to add them. I go in active direcory and click on a users but the OCS tab stuff isnt there. ALso in the OCS 2007 admin MMC there doesn't seem to be a add user anywhere.
    Thursday, August 14, 2008 2:25 AM

All replies

• To remove a pool from AD you can use this article

It is actually to rename a pool but you will find information to remove the old pool (so only remove the pool)

https://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=13

To add users you have to start (Active Directory Users and Computers) dsa.msc on the OCS Server, your AD server does not have OCS components installed

To remove an Archiving server you could also remove it from AD with ADSI Edit (cfr delete pool)

Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:12 AM
  • I did forget to mention that all three servers are windows 2003 64bit. I hear there are some issues with that.

I also went to that blog but under CN=Computers I do not see the Computer I am trying to remove listed. It is a domain contoroller and instlaling anything on a domain controller is not supported. I also see no entried anywhere for cn=Pools. I do run the best practice analyzer and it shows the pools and the CDR servers and the domain contorller is in that list but ther is no remove option. I amnot sure why none of this is showing up in AD. We only have 2 servers with one having all the edge server roles and one have the ocs server itself. The last one is a domain controller. What is the best way to set this up on 2 servers?

thanks.

Friday, August 15, 2008 2:43 AM
  • You may want to take a look at this blog as well; you can submit commands to remove LCS components: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=31

Friday, August 15, 2008 2:35 PM