Installation RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting the same error code.It says urgent you need to connect to the internet to finish installation. well I am connected to the interent. I downloaded the tool and still get the same error message. I tried to use on line chat but of course it will not recognize my code seeing as i can not successfully install the crazy program. I need some help.thanks a bunch

Friday, October 31, 2008 1:33 PM

Answers

• Try the following:

Set IE to be your default web browser (In XP, Set Program Access and Defaults; In Vista, "Default Programs")

In IE7, go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the option to reset IE to defaults.

Try to complete the installation/activation.

If that doesn't work, please contact support: (via email since your subscription hasn't yet been created)

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, October 31, 2008 5:45 PM

All replies

•  

I purchased one care at a local computer store yesterday.thinking it would be faster than trying to download from the internet seeing as i have dial up service.after finally installing and rebooting it takes me to this screen which says onecare needs to connect to the interent to finish installing.check this pc's connection and try again. I have downloaded and ran the fixcompleteinst.exe and it does nothing. when i hit the retry button on onecare trying to retry the interent it does nothing. I would appreciate some help with this matter.Is this issue due to the dial up service?
    Friday, October 31, 2008 5:05 PM
  • Try the following:

Set IE to be your default web browser (In XP, Set Program Access and Defaults; In Vista, "Default Programs")

In IE7, go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click the option to reset IE to defaults.

Try to complete the installation/activation.

If that doesn't work, please contact support: (via email since your subscription hasn't yet been created)

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, October 31, 2008 5:45 PM