Windows upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• I ran upgrade adviser. Everything was ok. When I ran windows 7 pro upgrade from disk I get

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.
    •  
      • This computer is not compliant with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) standard. Windows must be installed onto a computer that supports ACPI. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update or install Windows on an ACPI-compliant computer.
      • What good is the adviser and how do I convince customers to use 7 if even I can not use it with over 20 years of computer experience?
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 6:24 PM

Answers

• I ran upgrade adviser. Everything was ok. When I ran windows 7 pro upgrade from disk I get

The following issues are preventing Windows from upgrading. Cancel the upgrade, complete each task, and then restart the upgrade to continue.
    •  
      • This computer is not compliant with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) standard. Windows must be installed onto a computer that supports ACPI. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update or install Windows on an ACPI-compliant computer.
      • What good is the adviser and how do I convince customers to use 7 if even I can not use it with over 20 years of computer experience?
    This forum is for Windows Home Server.  Please post your question in the 7 forums.
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 7:09 PM