Unable to add users in CRM 4.0 from another domain RRS feed

• Question

• I am using CRM 4.0.Earlier I could add users from another domain in CRM but yesterday we had a performance testing and now I cannot add users from another domain.I can only add users from the same domain now.What has happened since yesterday??Where is the error??When I try to save the new user I get the error that "An error has occurred.Try this action again.If the problem continues........."

Please advice.Thanks in advance

Monday, October 6, 2014 11:25 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Try to turn on trace and execute iisreset after. Try to reproduce your error. Trace folder would contain error log that could be useful for understanding of error.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:44 PM
  • Hi Jithesh

Thanks a lot for the reply. I did the same but to no use.However when I changed the setting to 1 in regedit of autogroupmanagement,I could add users of another domain.However the question still arises that the value is still 0 in dev and test environment where it is working fine.But as far as the issue is resolved I am content.Thanks again for the reply 

• Marked as answer by Bachchan11 Friday, October 17, 2014 7:07 AM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Try to turn on trace and execute iisreset after. Try to reproduce your error. Trace folder would contain error log that could be useful for understanding of error.

Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:44 PM
  • Thanks Jitesh for the reply. I changed the setting in regedit of autogroupmanagement to 1 and it worked for me. However I fail to understand that the setting is 0 in both the dev and test environment but still it is working there.
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:24 AM
  • Hi Amlan,

Probably Andrii gave you that solution. I just proposed the reply as answer. Please mark as answer if it helped you. Also you have to understand the implication of turning off autogroup management. Please read the following link.

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/946677

Regards,

Jithesh

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:46 AM
  • Hi Jithesh

Thanks a lot for the reply. I did the same but to no use.However when I changed the setting to 1 in regedit of autogroupmanagement,I could add users of another domain.However the question still arises that the value is still 0 in dev and test environment where it is working fine.But as far as the issue is resolved I am content.Thanks again for the reply 

• Marked as answer by Bachchan11 Friday, October 17, 2014 7:07 AM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 7:06 AM