none
Conditional format problem in Excel 2010 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have an Excel Spreadsheet from Excel 2003 and 2007 - It works perfectly in both 2003 and 2007 but in Excel 2010 the conditional formating will not update cells automatically

If I use the Cell = function to change a cell color the display remains the same but if I highlight the cells only then will it update - sometimes it will chnage only part of the color of a cell

I have tried this on several computers

I have tried all combinations of saving into different version formats

I can't understand this

• Moved by Mike Kinsman Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:29 PM off topic (From:TechNet Website Feedback)
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:02 PM

All replies

• I have an Excel Spreadsheet from Excel 2003 and 2007 - It works perfectly in both 2003 and 2007 but in Excel 2010 the conditional formating will not update cells automatically

If I use the Cell = function to change a cell color the display remains the same but if I highlight the cells only then will it update - sometimes it will chnage only part of the color of a cell

I have tried this on several computers

I have tried all combinations of saving into different version formats

I can't understand this

I have had a similar problem - conditional formatting worked perfectly in 2007 same rules in 2010 are unpredictable. Select cell, manage rules and edit rule and click ok and the format is correctly applied.  I have deleted the rules and reset them in 2010 with the same unreliable results.

I am using a downloaded "Tech Guarantee" version of 2010.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:59 PM
  • Your post is off topic here.  Moving to off topic.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Wednesday, August 18, 2010 8:28 PM