none
The new Editor: RTL aligment of the Insert Code window RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

first of all, as you can see, when user click on the "add code" button, the modal windows popup but the cursor is in the middle of the right part.

the correct is that the cursor will be located on the left part.

second, on the left part when you should paste code, the default aligment should be LEFT, because in all the cases - the code will be in English or programming language. anyway, the code should always be aligned to the LEFT.

last, the top title should be aligned to the left like in English (already mention that in other previous thread that i wrote).

Thanks!

אם תגובתי פתרה את בעייתך - לחץ/י, על "סמן כתשובה" ליד סימן ה V הירוק. מיקרוסופט מציעה שירות זה ללא תשלום, למטרת סיוע למשתמשים והעשרת הידע הקשור בטכנולוגיות ובמוצרים של Microsoft. תוכן זה מתפרסם כפי שהוא והוא אינו מעיד על כל אחריות מצד מיקרוסופט.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• hi,

few problems with the Hebrew forums:

the main problem (that cause a lot of problems, not just in the editor, but i will open new thread for each bug) - is that you are align EVERYTHING to the right, what cause sometimes problems, because not everything should be aligned to the right.

in this example, we are talking about the new editor:

in all the popups, the top right title is "cutted" and also the bottom is not aligned correctly:

my suggestion is to align back the top title to the left like in english (and leave it in Hebrew).

for the bottom line, i suggest to align it to the left like in the english version.

(and leave translate "Image URL" and "Alternate Text" and "Close" to hebrew. i can give you translations if you need.

there are few more issues, but i will open different thread for each.

Thanks!

אם תגובתי פתרה את בעייתך - לחץ/י, על "סמן כתשובה" ליד סימן ה V הירוק. מיקרוסופט מציעה שירות זה ללא תשלום, למטרת סיוע למשתמשים והעשרת הידע הקשור בטכנולוגיות ובמוצרים של Microsoft. תוכן זה מתפרסם כפי שהוא והוא אינו מעיד על כל אחריות מצד מיקרוסופט.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 4:16 PM
  • i add here a screenshot for the above problem

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:44 PM
  • Hi Eran,

Thank you for the information you have provided. We already had a bug tracking issues with this locale. I added a link on that bug to this thread so that your suggestions are handy.

Regards,
    Eduardo

Thursday, February 9, 2012 6:02 AM
  • thanks.

as i mentions, the Hebrew forums suffers from a lot of small but ugly CSS RTL aligment issues that can be fixed easily.

i want to start to collect all this bugs and start reporting them.

do you prefer i will open here thread for each issue or other method?

but anyway, the code editor issues are in high priority because its our bread and butter.

Thanks.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 12:12 PM
  • I suggest to list them all in this one thread - it may be easier to track. But that's my opinion.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012 1:56 PM