Node Preparation task in Job Template not added when using C# API RRS feed

• Question

• I have made a Node Preparation task in a Job Template and want it to be added to a job created using the C# API. Is this functionality supported and if so, how do I get it to work.

When creating a job in HPC Job Manager using the "New Job ..." button the node preparation task from the job template is added but not when I build the job through C#.

I set the job.SetJobTemplate("mytemplate") before adding tasks, but properties seems not to be affected. I reckon the job template defaults are applied at nearly the same time as a custom submission filter is executed?

I have tried without adding any Node Preparation task - with the hope that the node preparation task in the job template would be added. I have also tried adding a Node Preparation task with no commandline but that fails validation.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Monday, July 31, 2017 11:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

This is a know issue that the nodeprep task in the job template will only be added to the job when you create the job through GUI.

If you're using API (For exmaple C#), you need to add node prep task by yourself.

Qiufang Shi

• Marked as answer by Thomas Kofoed Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:06 AM
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 12:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

This is a know issue that the nodeprep task in the job template will only be added to the job when you create the job through GUI.

If you're using API (For exmaple C#), you need to add node prep task by yourself.

Qiufang Shi

• Marked as answer by Thomas Kofoed Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:06 AM
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 12:11 AM
  • Thanks for the full answer. Is there somewhere where I could have found this information (being a known issue) by myself?
    Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:08 AM