CRM 2013 Synchronous Failed Workflow Logs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I was checking out the functionality of real time workflow in Dynamics CRM 2013, where I came across this option "Keep logs for workflow jobs that encountered errors" which was checked. In order to see where the logs are maintained, I created a workflow such that it would fail and I would be able to see the log.

After having performed the action (which would fail the workflow), I am struggling to find where exactly the workflow failed log is. I have checked system jobs and process instances in the workflow seem to be empty as well. 

Please could anyone guide me as to where the logs are stored? Thanks.
    • Edited by CRM Junkie Monday, December 16, 2013 9:14 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 9:13 AM

Answers

• Check the Process Session... See below notes from the implementation guide

Monitoring real-time workflows and actions

Real-time workflows and actions do not use System Job records because they occur immediately. Any errors that occur will be displayed to the user in the application with the heading Business Process Error.

There is no log for successful operations. You can enable logging for errors by checking the Keep Logs for workflow jobs that encountered errors option in the Workflow Log Retention area at the bottom of the Administration tab for the process.

To view the log of errors for a specific process, open the real-time workflow or action definition and go to the Process Session tab. This will only show any errors logged for this process.

If you want a view of all the errors for any process, go to Advanced Find and create a view showing errors on the process session entity.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Monday, December 16, 2013 6:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by CRM Junkie Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:16 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 6:11 PM

All replies

• you can check workflow status in AsyncOperationBase table, check following link that will help you.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crminthefield/archive/2011/01/10/microsoft-crm-system-job-views-explained.aspx

• Proposed as answer by VSomireddy Monday, December 16, 2013 4:18 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 4:18 PM
  • Check the Process Session... See below notes from the implementation guide

Monitoring real-time workflows and actions

Real-time workflows and actions do not use System Job records because they occur immediately. Any errors that occur will be displayed to the user in the application with the heading Business Process Error.

There is no log for successful operations. You can enable logging for errors by checking the Keep Logs for workflow jobs that encountered errors option in the Workflow Log Retention area at the bottom of the Administration tab for the process.

To view the log of errors for a specific process, open the real-time workflow or action definition and go to the Process Session tab. This will only show any errors logged for this process.

If you want a view of all the errors for any process, go to Advanced Find and create a view showing errors on the process session entity.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Monday, December 16, 2013 6:11 PM
    • Marked as answer by CRM Junkie Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:16 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 6:11 PM