help with live sync shared folder RRS feed

• Question

• formerly foldershare.

through a sync error it has removed all the files on my computer = both the laptop and desktop now only have placeholders and no data. I need to know where I can ask for help to gain my data back.

thanks.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:33 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question. Can you

provide me a little more detail in regards to the product or technology you are inquiring about?

Have a great day!!

Swapnil Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:29 PM
  • Yes absolutely....

Desktop is a windows xp pro machine
    Laptop is a macbook pro

program is live sync folder share. At my work I keep a file on my desktop with a 60-70 separate work folders in it. Each contain a combination of pictures, files, scans and documents.  I was syncing that file to my Macbook. All was working ok until I changed the location of the sync folder on my macbook. the sync program (or my lack of understanding it) orginally put the folder copy on my mac in the document stacks and then started to copy everything in that folder back to my pc. I wanted the folder set apart so I created a new folder and copied all the info I wanted into. Then on my pc I deleted all the mac stuff. After doing this much to my horror the sync program followed suit and deleted everything in my mac folder as well. In addition my "sync" folder on both the laptop and desktop are empty shells. Everything is a "placeholder" looking to the other machine for document, and neither contain it....
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:46 PM
  • Ask here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum

Or here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_programs

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, August 6, 2012 6:15 AM