none
Status of a request RRS feed

• Question

• Can you please update me with the status of the request to only show 'Edited by' when the message has replies? I really would prefer to not have 'Edited by' tag in every message when I had to correct some typos or bad formatting.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:53 PM

Answers

• Status is that we fixed the problem two months ago where multiple edited by fields were always displayed. Currently, we ONLY show the last edited by line item. Requests were made to ONLY show edited by if the posted had been replied to, but that is stuffed down in the backlog, I don't expect to get to that any time soon. Hope this helps.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, November 21, 2011 5:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Too bad :( Ok, I see. BTW, this was the way forums worked before - several months ago, before that problem was introduced.

My blog

Monday, November 21, 2011 5:28 PM

All replies

• Can you please update me with the status of the request to only show 'Edited by' when the message has replies? I really would prefer to not have 'Edited by' tag in every message when I had to correct some typos or bad formatting.

My blog
    Personally I think that it is still needed.  Even if it has no replies, a person could have viewed your post and then come back later to see different information after your edit.  Without the 'edited by' comment, it could cause confusion.

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    Client System Administration tool
    AD User Creation tool
    Monday, November 21, 2011 4:22 PM
  • Status is that we fixed the problem two months ago where multiple edited by fields were always displayed. Currently, we ONLY show the last edited by line item. Requests were made to ONLY show edited by if the posted had been replied to, but that is stuffed down in the backlog, I don't expect to get to that any time soon. Hope this helps.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Monday, November 21, 2011 5:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Too bad :( Ok, I see. BTW, this was the way forums worked before - several months ago, before that problem was introduced.

My blog

Monday, November 21, 2011 5:28 PM