none
Searching Forums only returning 2 results? RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to search the forum yesterday and today and only ever get back 2 results.  Did I change somethign by mistkae or is somethign not working correctly?
    • Moved by Raymond-Lee Friday, December 4, 2009 2:40 AM Forum Issue (From:SQL Server Analysis Services)
    Wednesday, December 2, 2009 2:51 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

Thanks for reporting. We're aware of the issue and currently investigating the problem. This issue affects searches on all Forums and Forum Categories in all Brands. If you search in the main Forum page. you get more results.
    Forums Test Lead
    Friday, December 4, 2009 9:17 PM
  • We have identified the issue causing only 2 results when searching from a forum and plan to release a service release in the next few days, pending test.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:59 AM
    Answerer
  • We've released a hotifx that fixes this problem. Searches on all Forums and Forum Categories in all Brands are fixed.

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:03 PM

All replies

• I got the same result, you can try to remove the search condition (current forum) and then try again. I will move this post to the appropriate forum

- Raymond
    Friday, December 4, 2009 2:39 AM
  • Anyone know why when I search the forum I only get two answers.  Search on anything -- result set is only 2.  This started a couple days ago.
    • Moved by Phil Brammer Friday, December 4, 2009 6:37 PM wrong forum (From:Transact-SQL)
    • Merged by Brent SerbusEditor Tuesday, December 8, 2009 6:00 AM same issue
    Friday, December 4, 2009 6:35 PM
  • Moved to the Forum Issues forum.  This is not a Transact-SQL questin, nor is this issue limited to the Transact-SQL forum.
    Phil Brammer | http://www.ssistalk.com | Twitter: http://twitter.com/PhilBrammer
    Friday, December 4, 2009 6:38 PM
  • Hi All,

Thanks for reporting. We're aware of the issue and currently investigating the problem. This issue affects searches on all Forums and Forum Categories in all Brands. If you search in the main Forum page. you get more results.
    Forums Test Lead
    Friday, December 4, 2009 9:17 PM
  • thanks -- I actually looked for that forum but you know how you can get lost ;)
    Monday, December 7, 2009 2:23 PM
  • We have identified the issue causing only 2 results when searching from a forum and plan to release a service release in the next few days, pending test.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 5:59 AM
    Answerer
  • We've released a hotifx that fixes this problem. Searches on all Forums and Forum Categories in all Brands are fixed.

Thanks.

Forums Test Lead
    Tuesday, December 8, 2009 11:03 PM
  • It looks like there is still a similar problem on the Office 2010 Beta Forum. Search doesn't return a post that I know I made. 
    contains the word 'tablet' many times, but searching for the word 'tablet' here
    does not return that post. Am I doing something wrong? Does it search only titles, or also content? If the former, the problem could be that the title was edited - although one would hope that that wouldn't matter. 

As an aside: are there any people from the tablet team keeping an eye on the Office 2010 forum? Beta feedback is only useful if an engineer actually reads it. 

Lenovo X61 tablet, Core2Duo L7700 1.8GHz, 4Gb,Intel 965 integrated graphics, MultiTouch/MultiView screen (pen + resistive touch), Intel turbo memory bluescreen generator, UltraBase docking station.
    Friday, December 18, 2009 10:05 PM
  • Thanks for the hotfix ,similar issues happens to me
    http://www.cleverprints.com/
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:49 PM