MGA Validation of prior versions of Microsoft are failing after installing Office 2007 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased a legal copy Office 2007 Enterprise directly from Microsoft thru our employee purchase program. I had previous legal copies of Frontpage 2003, Visio 2003 and Project 2003 that never failed any validation process from Microsoft. Now after installing the new Office 2007 Enterprise those 3 legal installations appear failing the process so I cannot get any support for any MS programs. I still have the original installation cd's for those applications and they are all activated.

Why its this happening and is this another Microsoft way to make you or force to upgrade older application?

Sunday, December 9, 2007 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hello Ernesto,

Please Download and run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 , then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum. This will allow us to see what you are currently experiencing as well as forumulate a resolution.

Step 2 is tell us about the COA. Tell us:
    1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center?
    2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
    3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
    4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
    5. Please also provide a short description of the issue you are experiencing.

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT contain any information that can personally identify you and can be fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 3:56 AM