Sideshow Application for Windows Mobile 6 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear people at Microsoft,

would it be possible to make Windows Mobile 6 compatible with sideshow gadgets in Windows Vista? At least it would be a nice opportunity for us it-pros to prepare well for the Vista exams, as there is nearly no Sideshow comaptible piece of hardware on the market right now.

Greetings

Tommy

Monday, July 9, 2007 6:53 PM

Answers

• I should clarify a bit Tommy.  There are some Microsoft employees reading the posts and I am confident that those "in charge" do read the suggestion forum.  I made my comment as a general statement and probably should have been more cognizant of what forum area I was in.

I simply was trying to point out that for the most part, I would expect that answers to problems on devices will most likely be solutions by users like you and me.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 3:42 AM

All replies

• Interesting point Tommy.  Although ths forum is hosted on Microsoft, the folks here are users like you so.  It's people helping people.

I will forward this comment however to my contact at microsoft as an FYI ...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 3:26 AM
  • Hello, thanks for your forwarding.

But what sense makes a suggestions-forum when there is no employee from microsoft reading it?

Greetings
    Tommy
    Tuesday, July 10, 2007 6:35 AM
  • I should clarify a bit Tommy.  There are some Microsoft employees reading the posts and I am confident that those "in charge" do read the suggestion forum.  I made my comment as a general statement and probably should have been more cognizant of what forum area I was in.

I simply was trying to point out that for the most part, I would expect that answers to problems on devices will most likely be solutions by users like you and me.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 3:42 AM
  • Ah, ok. Thanks for your explanation. I think I got the point now. So, anyway, i found a resolution for my problem. I have downloaded the Microsoft Windows Sideshow Simulator. I didn´t know this was existing. But in fact it would be really nice to just hook up your mobile phone to your vista pc via bluetooth or WLAN and let your mobile phone act as a remote for your Media Center, so you can browse your photos, mp3 or even stream Television. OK, just dreaming Wink
    Thursday, July 12, 2007 6:29 PM
  • or better yet just let you plug it into the cradle and use it as a second small screen so you can drag whatever pc app you want onto it. Probably most useful for email client msn messenger etc that don't take up much screen space but also useful if you need to read something and type somewhere else.

Monday, October 29, 2007 5:19 AM