Activation RRS feed

• Question

• I have read most of the comments below with interest,most of them refer to reinstall this is all well and good, but what about your activatition on reinstall this is lost, so you have to reactivate your os.

Microsoft have a policy (as I understand it) of 3 activations and thats your lot, if you are unable to backup your sys drive how are you able to get round this.
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:10 PM

Answers

• You just call in and get them to activate for you. I've had no problem doing this... (though the person I talked to had no idea what WHS was). I just said it was "Window Server 2003" and they got it done
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:20 PM

All replies

• You just call in and get them to activate for you. I've had no problem doing this... (though the person I talked to had no idea what WHS was). I just said it was "Window Server 2003" and they got it done
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:20 PM
  • Thanks for you reply, I tried this once and got a right miserable so n so, who refused to reactivate so I left it a week and tried again and got a key no probs.  I understand what you are saying about microsoft not knowing what whs is.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 9:28 AM