Report Date error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I downloaded a Reporting Services report on CRM 4.0. A user can run it normally, the other is getting the following error:"The value provided for the report parameter 'ToDate' is not valid for its type. (rsReportParameterTypeMismatch)"

Both have same configuration of dat formats in their Prsonalize part. Where should the formats be changed too?

It's urgent.

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Whatever solution i tried, i kept getting the error so i found as a solution to turn the date parameters type to String.

It worked perfectly.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:37 AM

All replies

• Can you check user's location setting on the local machine? Try troubleshooting:

e.g, Ask the other user to logon the first user's machine, then try to run the report.

If he/she can run it without error, then it's machine related; otherwise it's user profile related.

Jim

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:43 AM
  • When i put the date format dd/mmm/yyy the user who can run the report becomes unable to run it. And when the format is MM/dd/yyyy, he can run it. So should i put the date formats on the other user's machines MM/dd/yyyy too? or this have nothing to do with the local machine?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:01 AM
  • Anybody knows how can i change the date format at the report server? Maybe this is causing the problem.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:12 AM
  • I see. I had this problem before but didn't get time to find out. You could use String control instead of Date control in SSRS. It might be a bug I guess, I would suggest:

1. Check the SSRS local server's location setting(control panel)

2. Check the Report language setting(in the report designer)

3. Check the SQL database datetime/language setting.

Jim

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:43 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please tell me how to check every step from these?

Moreover i'd like to specify that i'm trying to open the user's web clients from the server and run the reports. Only CRMAdmin (user used to do the installation is able to run them), the other users are not able to (they are getting the error). Also they are not able to run them from their PCs.They are only able to run them when they choose date where the day value is under or equal to 12.

Any idea?

Thanks again

Sabine

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 5:44 AM
  • Hi,

I still can't find a solution for my problem.

Only the user who installed CRM 4.0 can run the reports with all the date ranges. The other users get the error once they put a day value equals or over 12.

Any idea how to fix this? It's urgent!

Thanks

Thursday, July 24, 2008 6:08 AM
  • 1sabine8, can you fill out your profile to indicate at the very least what location you are in? We might be able to give you some MVP assistance that way. Also, if it's an emergency, do you have a support contract?

Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:38 PM
  • Can you confirm whether you are only having issues with one report. Can these users run other reports without issue?

Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:55 PM
  • 1sabine8,

Sorry for the late reply, I was so busy these days.

1. Check the SSRS local server's location setting(control panel)

//This setting is in the Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options

2. Check the Report language setting(in the report designer)

//Open the report via the SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, it's in the Report->Property setting-> Language

3. Check the SQL database datetime/language setting.

//You may check it from SQL Server Management Studio

Moreover i'd like to specify that i'm trying to open the user's web clients from the server and run the reports. Only CRMAdmin (user used to do the installation is able to run them), the other users are not able to (they are getting the error). Also they are not able to run them from their PCs.They are only able to run them when they choose date where the day value is under or equal to 12.

//I think you are looking for the UK date format, please check the user's local PC's Regional and Language Options, it should select UK date format.

Jim

Friday, July 25, 2008 5:44 AM
  • I've set Regional and Language Options to English (US) and the report language also, the SQL language is English by default. As for the users, even when they all work on one PC, the CRM admin can open the reports for all dates and the others can open them for days less or equal to 12.

Here is the full error description:

Code Snippet

Error Description:

An error occurred during report rendering.

Error Details:

An error occurred during report rendering.

Full Stack:

[ReportServerException: The value provided for the report parameter 'ToDate' is not valid for its type. (rsReportParameterTypeMismatch)]   at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.SetParameters(IEnumerable`1 parameters)   at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ParametersArea.SaveClientParametersToReport()   at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ParametersArea.GetMetaDataFromReport(Boolean useCurrentValues)   at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)[CrmException: An error occurred during report rendering.]   at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Reporting.SrsReportViewer.ReportErrorHandler(Object sender, ReportErrorEventArgs e)   at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer.OnError(Exception e)   at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   at ASP.breakfastco_crmreports_rsviewer_reportviewer_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Other Message:

Error Number:

0x80040494

Friday, July 25, 2008 8:21 AM
  •  

Hi,

I tried to install the Cumulative update 2 for SQL Server SP2 and also i tried to put in the report language property the expression =User!Language; also i tried all of the above ways and still i get the error.

Any new idea?

It's urgent!

Thanks

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:47 AM
  • It looks to me like the personal settings. As I said, it's about UK(just an example) date format and US data format issue;

UK format is: dd/MM/yyyy

US format is: MM/dd/yyyy

That's why the month can't bigger than 12.

Have you check the CRM personal settings?

e.g, if you use CRMAdmin to logon CRM, open(from CRM) Tools->Options, then go to the Formats tab, is it US format?

Compare it with other user's setting.

Jim

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:56 AM
  • Dear Jim,

Thanks for you replies.

Whatever format i put for the date in personal settings of CRMAdmin user, i still can open the report.

As for the other users, whatever formats i put, i still get error.

Any idea how i can set a format for the report server date?

Or do you have any other idea? It's really getting hard.

Thanks

Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:05 PM
  • Hi,

I tried to fix the format of the parameters by putting in the datasets the following convert function:

CONVERT(datetime, @fromdate, 103), i also tried CONVERT(datetime, @todate, 101); both ways didn't work.

Any idea if i can change something in them so the error can be solved?

This error is really really hard to solve!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 6:46 AM
  • I suggest to contact Microsoft for support.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=ph;en-us;629

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/12976

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

Whatever solution i tried, i kept getting the error so i found as a solution to turn the date parameters type to String.

It worked perfectly.

Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:37 AM