NAS drive compatability RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I don't think I am alone on suggesting this, I have found hundreds of comments one the web with users being frustrated with the same limitation. I have several large Buffalo NAS drives storing data and want to be able to use them with my home server as shared folders.

My NAS drives hold gigs and gigs of personally photo's and MP3's and I have designed my network so that if we ever got burgled they would not find all of the drives, hence I would not loose my precious data. Having all my drives plugged into the home server defeats the object of this and causes me to have all my data in one place.

I know peolple say use the NAS drives as backup drives, but not everyone wants to work in that way. I'm using my old laptop as the home server and after splashing out on the NAS drives do not want to have to then splash out on a new machine with large disks to accomodate the data.

Regards
    Chris

Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:47 AM

All replies

• Please check on Connect feedback for WHS; you will find that such suggestions have already been made. You should fine one you agree with and vote. :) (Note: if you haven't already, you will need to register on Connect.)
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, November 21, 2008 6:08 PM