Filtering data with Sync framework from client. RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am using Sync framwork with .SDf database as a client and SQL server as a server.

and application arch. is Winforms client and WCf service.

I want to sync the data of client who logged in to the in winforms application.

If on one machine multiple clients login Using same UI then they should be able to upload/download there data only.

I have two solutions but i am not file with that

1. create multiple database runtime for each client but that is not a good idea or correct way.

2.  Sync the whole table and filter at server end and do add update.of data.

I want to filter the data before uploading from client so it will be good for clients who don't have much high speed connection.

This is the ideal case but tester will stop my build..

Monday, December 22, 2008 7:53 PM

Answers

• I think #1 is a better solution because on the client side, you can keep it cleaner.

Also if you have only one client database file and 2 clients log on simultaneously, they will not be able to sync concurrently since they are using the same database file underneath.

And when you have separate databases for each client, you can download and upload data that is applicable only to that client and keeps it clean otherwise your middle tier will also need to filter out data when multiple clients access that same database.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 1:09 AM