Export CRM 3.0 Sales Process to CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to have the sales process template from CRM 3.0 available to me in CRM 4.0  As best I can tell, there are no worflow templates included with CRM 4.0.  According to the Implementation Guide for CRM 4.0, during an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 the sales process logic survives as a workflow.  Which leads me to believe it can be exported from CRM 3.0 and imported into CRM 4.0

My CRM 3.0 install is still up and running, my CRM 4.0 install is still in test.  Can anyone help me with this?

<rant In my opinion, the sales process is worth staying with CRM 3.0  It blows my mind why MS does this stuff! /rant>

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:41 AM

Answers

• no its not supported to copy the workflow rule or workflow templates.

Its because with CRM 4.0 its base on Windows workflow foundation.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:26 AM

All replies

• You can't import a 3.0 workflow defination into 4.0.  If you had the template in place, it should have been upgraded when you updgraded CRM to v4.0.  Not sure what your "rant" is as the concept of slaes process still exists in 4.0, it has just changed slightly due to some changes in how WinWF work with the workflow engine.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 6:27 AM
  • no its not supported to copy the workflow rule or workflow templates.

Its because with CRM 4.0 its base on Windows workflow foundation.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:26 AM
  •  MattP65 wrote:
    You can't import a 3.0 workflow defination into 4.0.  If you had the template in place, it should have been upgraded when you updgraded CRM to v4.0.  Not sure what your "rant" is as the concept of slaes process still exists in 4.0, it has just changed slightly due to some changes in how WinWF work with the workflow engine.

I will be doing a fresh build, new install not an upgrade.  I agree with you because the Implementation Guide says the sales process from 3 should survive the upgrade and end up as a workflow.

My rant is due to frustration and meant to be somwhat funny.

My CRM 4.0 is the workgroup edition from the Action Pack, I'm wondering if Action Pack is a neutered version because from what I can tell, it has zero workflow tempates included with it.

In 3, the sales process template is included out of the box, should I find a similar staged workflow template included with 4?  If so, where?  If not, would you export yours and email it to me?  n0xpd@yahoo.com

thanks

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 12:07 PM
  • that is not a Workgroup Edition issue, they no longer provide the template with v4, not sure why.  If you really wanted it though, you could do an upgrade from a 3.0 instance, export the upgraded tempalte and the import it to your other system.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:37 PM
  • Yes, but they still have database structures, assumedly, specifically for Sales Workflow -- SalesProcessInstance -- and I would like a guide as to how to employ it.
    Friday, September 17, 2010 12:52 PM