Installing Windows Home Server on a Vista 32 box with Vista drivers RRS feed

• Question

• I need to know if I can install Home server without booting from the cd. I purchased a HP s7700n just use for the beta test of Home Server. The HP only came with Vista drivers and if I boot from the install cd it will wipe out the drivers for my PCI bus, LAN, sound, etc.

I need to know if I can install without creating new partitions and reformatting the drive.

Monday, March 19, 2007 12:30 AM

Answers

• No, you can't. WHS Beta 2 requires total control of the hardware it finds when it's installed.

However, a few seconds on the HP support site tells me that your motherboard is an Asus A8N-BR. You should (with a bit of luck) be able to find drivers based on that.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 12:52 AM

All replies

• No, you can't. WHS Beta 2 requires total control of the hardware it finds when it's installed.

However, a few seconds on the HP support site tells me that your motherboard is an Asus A8N-BR. You should (with a bit of luck) be able to find drivers based on that.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 12:52 AM
  • As Ken said, you can take the drivers from the HP website, or download the chipset drivers from the relevant manufacturer - which should support XP/2k3.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 12:56 AM
  • Hi Ken,

I appreciate the help. I did find the motherboard model but this is built specifically for HP and is not listed on the ASUS website. I suppose I could contact ASUS to see if they would let me downlaod drivers. Anyway, thanx  for the quick response.

Lou

Monday, March 19, 2007 9:54 PM