WHS Remote Connection Resolution RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are accessing our computer while on vacation through WHS.  After a few days of viewing the remote computer at "full screen" on the local computer, the resolution on the computer at home must have changed because now we can't view the remote computer on the entire screen on our local computer.  I checked the resolution of the remote computer and it's at "1024 X 640" and named "(Default monitor) on RDPDD Chained DD".  It won't let me change the resolution.
    Any ideas on how to view it on the entire screen again?  Nobody is available at the remote computer to change the resolution back (if that's a solution).
    Thanks,
    Jamie

Friday, July 2, 2010 3:01 PM

All replies

• Did you try restarting the remote computer?

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Friday, July 2, 2010 10:34 PM
  • Yes i did but the resolution stayed the same (or it went back to what it supposed to be but then switched when we logged in remotly).
    Friday, July 2, 2010 10:43 PM
  • When you start the remote connection you should get to the "Connection Options" dialog window.
    Make sure you select "full screen" at the "Select a screen size for this connection" selection box?

(In case you do not get the "Connection Options" dialog, maybe try emptying your browsers cookie store and/or favorites website data (IE Browser history option)?)

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Friday, July 2, 2010 11:40 PM
  • Yes, I always select "full screen" and the remote connection appears without the IE window but theres still a wide black border around the edge.

Saturday, July 3, 2010 2:14 PM