onecare reinstallation RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought onecare.  installed and ran to get rid of a trojan, which is couldn't.  re-formated and installed xp pro.  went back to install onecare and it won't let me activate with the product key, says it's already been used.  can't get this up and running pls help....

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:20 PM

Answers

• Don't use the product key to re-activate. Open One Care select "Subscribe" and when asked to enter a Live ID use the Live ID and password originally used to subscribe.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:47 PM

All replies

• Don't use the product key to re-activate. Open One Care select "Subscribe" and when asked to enter a Live ID use the Live ID and password originally used to subscribe.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:47 PM
  • i cant remember what live id i used...  i dont get a chance to subscribe only finish install which leads me to subscribe or activate button in a browser window.  subcribe takes me to a form where i need to make a payment using a credit card, activate lets me put in my product key which is then says is in use... round and round i go, this is nuts...  i just want to wack it and start from scratch but i'm going crazy instead... taking longer messing with this then installing drivers and xp...

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 10:57 PM
  • If you don't remember your Live ID but have your product key you can contact support to retrieve your correct Live ID. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Thursday, July 31, 2008 12:53 AM