User shares tab not showing in console RRS feed

• Question

• The WHS was recently shut down during a power outage and since then the following issue appeared.

After this power outage, I have started having the following problem. When logging into the console I receive a message saying that the User Shares tab is blocked and to retry or continue. Either way the console does not appear. A plain blue screen appears in the console window and the only option is to close the console

When I log in next time the console appears but the User Shares tab does not appear.

When this issue first occured it was the Server Storage Tab that was blocked. The User Shares tab appeared but not the Storage Tab. In this instance when i finally opened the console and entered settings not all the options were available.

Any one else seen this issue and if so is there a fix. Dont really want to toatlly reload WHS but if this is the only fix then so be it.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 12:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    maybe the power outage caused some damage in the file system of your servers C: drive or one of the data disks.
    You have following (unsupported) options:
    Login to your servers desktop, open a command prompt and run the command
    chkdsk c: /f /r
    This will request a reboot and check the disk.
    You may also have to check the other disks as outlined here.

If this does not fix the situation, you may have to perform a server reinstallation, which is the only supported option to recover from a server OS issue.
    This will format the system volume, but preserve all data.
    Get all upgrades from Windows Update again, before adding user accounts and run discovery.exe on the client PCs to reestablish the connection.

A potential solution (although untested)  in case running chkdsk does not fix the issue instead of the server reinstall may be, to uninstall Power Pack 1, reboot, test, if the console is alive and install Power Pack 1 again.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 4:10 PM