How to Unlock a User Account through Console? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, I managed to lockout my user account when I was trying to connect to my WHS through the internet on my new smartphone. I guess entered my password wrong too many times.

I did manage to unlock the account, but is there a way through the console? I unlocked it by remote desktop to my WHS locally using Administrator and Password. I then went to Administrative Tools, Computer Management, and under System Tools, Local Users and Groups, Users. Double click or right click user and select Properties. On the general tab I deselected "account is locked out" and all was good. Just seems like the console should be able to do this so you don't have to remote into the server.
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 12:50 AM

All replies

• If you wait, the account will be unlocked automatically after 1/2 hour.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, August 30, 2009 3:46 AM
  • Hmmm, that didn't seem to be the case. It had been overnight since I tried to access it remotely and never unlocked. Glitch?
    Monday, August 31, 2009 4:46 AM
  • Not necessarily. If you have a computer with that account logged in, but a different password than on your server, and if that computer is performing some regularly scheduled task on a frequent basis, it can keep the account locked for an extended period of time. You can try rebooting everything and see if that helps.

Note: "a computer" in this case includes your smartphone or any other device that may be accessing your server.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, August 31, 2009 4:12 PM
  • CAN YOU UNLOCK MY ACCOUNT WINDOW LIVE AND I WANT TO TALK WITH MY FRIEND ASAP
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 10:01 PM