Pushpins in Streets and Trips RRS feed

• Question

• I  use Streets and Trips to locate golf courses within a sales territory.  I use "Nearby Places" to display the courses.  When I select the courses they were being marked by a pushpin.  This is no longer the case.  The dialog box shows the coursed but when I close the dialong box, the location is gone.  I need to keep the pushpins so that the map is less cluttered and open them as needed.  What happened to marking the places with pushpins?  Did I change a setting?  Also, is there a way I can print a list of the course information once it is selected on a map?

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:30 PM

All replies

• ...  When I select the courses they were being marked by a pushpin.  This is no longer the case.  The dialog box shows the coursed but when I close the dialong box, the location is gone.  I need to keep the pushpins so that the map is less cluttered and open them as needed.  What happened to marking the places with pushpins?  Did I change a setting?   ...

My guess is that you HAVE changed a setting as follows.  You probably know that when you add a pushpin to a map, a reference to the pushpin is added to a pushpin set in the  "Legend and overview' pane. These get added to a default set that is initially "My pushpins".  However, if that set is hidden by the user, you will not see the pushpin on the map which seems to be what is happening to you although the pushpin will have been created but hidden immediately.  So, perhaps you have hidden the destination pushpin set; you might want to check that.

As for the balance of your post, I do not understand what you are trying to do.  Perhaps a little more detail from you will make that clearer.  You can export name and latitude/longitude location data for your pushpins as a GPX file which can be opened in Excel, edited and printed. 

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 5:51 PM
  • How do I open a streets and trips file in Excel?  I tried the "open with" option and it did not work.  Thx.
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:07 PM
  • How do I open a streets and trips file in Excel? ...

You must export it as a GPX file and open that.  Under "Data" "Export to GPX file".
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 8:30 PM