Can't find OrganicOnion in Orcas Beta 1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to reproduce the sample from N-tier video using just shipped Orcas Beta 1 and can't find the way to wrap WCF service's ContractClient to ServerSyncProvider on the client side. Another words I have figured out that there is no Microsoft.Synchronization.Data.OrganicOnion used as ProxyWrapper in video.

What way should I go wrapping this object?

Thanks,

Leonid

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 8:57 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Tuesday, May 1, 2007 2:54 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

The Sync Services bits that shipped with Orcas beta 1.0 are almost identical to the public CTP bits. That said, the ServerSyncProviderProxy (or OrganicOnion) along with some features of the designer that Steve showed in the screen cast are not part of this release but slated for beta 2.0. The next CTP for OCS should have the most recent bits and we are working to make it public in the near future.

Thanks!

Friday, May 4, 2007 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Still don't find out how to wrap ContractClient at the client side... very much appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

Leonid

Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:55 AM
  • Hi Leonid,

Let me clarify that the OrganicOnion term used by Steve Lasker in his screen cast was just temporary name. In the release bits this class is called ServerSyncProviderProxy. With this type you can easily pass a service proxy object that implements the four methods of the ServerSyncProvider as Steve's demo showed and it will take care of the rest for you.

Thanks!

Thursday, May 3, 2007 4:31 PM
  •  

Hi,

The Sync Services bits that shipped with Orcas beta 1.0 are almost identical to the public CTP bits. That said, the ServerSyncProviderProxy (or OrganicOnion) along with some features of the designer that Steve showed in the screen cast are not part of this release but slated for beta 2.0. The next CTP for OCS should have the most recent bits and we are working to make it public in the near future.

Thanks!

Friday, May 4, 2007 6:29 PM
  • I got it, thanks Rafik!
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:53 AM
  • Wednesday, January 23, 2008 8:48 PM