none
Testing Prometric's Scheduling Website for 70-647 RRS feed

• Question

• It appears that there is a bug on www.2test.com. You can schedule exams that are retiring 1/31/2014 past the deadline. (April and March 2014).  That's not the only bug (like the inability to change states without exiting the page and coming back again).

Both 70-647 and 70-643 can be scheduled as the payment window came up normally.  I didn't actually purchase either exam though so maybe there is a flag there ? (Don't want to be on the other side of a nonrefundable glitch.)

I'm sure this doesn't mean that Microsoft has moved the retirement date back. Again. 

I was deluding into thinking I could finish the MCITP 2008:EA before the January deadline but time got away from me. 

I did start preparing to take the 70-640 since it's a requirement of the MCSA:2008 R2 as well.

Immutable_Sphere
    Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:35 AM

Answers

• So, looks like I can get the MCITP:EA 2008 R2 done. 

I know Prometric has its problems but being able to schedule (and pay for) the two retiring 647 and 643 tests beyond the published date would be a pretty epic screw up.  I mean I was almost certain the retirement date was going to change and I suspected either poor communication or some kind of NDA about the imminent change was in effect, e.g. it could affect exam sales.

The MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008 and the MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2 certifications will be retired on July 31, 2014.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcitp-certification.aspx

It didn't come through on my first post in this thread but

"I'm sure this doesn't mean that Microsoft has moved the retirement date back. Again."

Was supposed to be sarcastic.  Or prompt the response - "Actually, they have."

Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:49 AM

All replies

• Hmm. Even odder.  New Horizons in Chicago is offering

6436: Designing Windows Server® 2008 Active Directory® Infrastructure and Services

The next available date and time is 2/10/2014.

There are others in the list. 

Hope those students who register pass the test before they take the course.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:15 AM
  • Offering these courses has nothing to do with passing exams.

Yes - people can choose to take a class to help prepare for an exam, but mostly take these courses are taken to build up skills to be used in the workplace.

So long as a class attracts students, they will continue to sell it - no matter how old.

As an MCT myself, I still teach a lot of SQL 2008 courses, even though SQL 2012 is current and SQL 2014 will be out soon.

The training companies will always try to deliver what the customers demand.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:12 AM
    Answerer
  • So, looks like I can get the MCITP:EA 2008 R2 done. 

I know Prometric has its problems but being able to schedule (and pay for) the two retiring 647 and 643 tests beyond the published date would be a pretty epic screw up.  I mean I was almost certain the retirement date was going to change and I suspected either poor communication or some kind of NDA about the imminent change was in effect, e.g. it could affect exam sales.

The MCITP: Enterprise Administrator on Windows Server 2008 and the MCITP: Virtualization Administrator on Windows Server 2008 R2 certifications will be retired on July 31, 2014.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcitp-certification.aspx

It didn't come through on my first post in this thread but

"I'm sure this doesn't mean that Microsoft has moved the retirement date back. Again."

Was supposed to be sarcastic.  Or prompt the response - "Actually, they have."

Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:49 AM