none
Help about Powershell DSC scripting RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

Few questions about scripting in powershell DSC and I need your help if possible.
    I have a two windows servers (2008 and 2012 R2) and I want to migrate some features from server 2008 to server 2012 R2.
    One of the requirements is to make this migration with powershell dsc script, but I'm not so familiar with this language.
    Here's what specifically needs to happen:

I have a one folder with websites in it and want to copy that folder from server 2008 to server 2012
    In that folder I also have apache 2.2 web server and want to move it on server 2012 and register as a service if this is possible.
    Few scheduled tasks must be exported and imported from server 2008 to server 2012
    Some firewall rules also must be copied from server 2008 to server 2012
    These servers are not in the domain controller and they are not in the same local subnet.
    So what do I need, a push or pull server? I tried to make pull server but without success.
    Is it there any examples of scripts which I can use?
    I guess that might be simple things, but can not orient myself how I could do it.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kind regards!

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Tuesday, November 24, 2015 3:41 PM This is not "scripts on demand"
    Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:31 AM

All replies