can onecare backup office 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• My question is can I backup the program files of office 2003 and then restore if I have to reinstall windows. I lost the office cd and dont't have the product key. Also will the backup restore other programs without having to download from the internet.  By the way, I am using Vista Home Premium. Thank you.

Sunday, January 20, 2008 2:35 PM

Answers

• No, OneCare does not backup Programs - you will need the Office CD to reinstall it.

-steve

Monday, January 21, 2008 3:29 AM

All replies

• No, OneCare does not backup Programs - you will need the Office CD to reinstall it.

-steve

Monday, January 21, 2008 3:29 AM
  • I should add that there are programs that will reveal the Office product key, and you can order a replacement Office CD, if needed, unless it was provided with the PC by the manufacturer, in which case you'll need to contact them for a replacement.

-steve

Monday, January 21, 2008 3:31 AM
  • Hi

If your system still running you can use special software to recover your Windows and Office key. Most of them support some versions of Windows and some other Microsoft products. Also there is a products like "Recover Keys" ( http://recover-keys.com/ ) that support all Windows and Office versions and 300+ of other major software packages.

Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:08 PM