MCP Certification Upgradation RRS feed

  • Question

  • HI,

    I have completed 3 papers in Windows 2003 & have a MCP certification. The papers i have completeed are 70-270, 70-290 & 70-291. I want to upgrade my certification to MCSE. I aware that MCSE no longer exists and it has been transformed to MCITP for windows 2008.

    Please suggest me what all papers should i write in order to be eligble to become a MCITP, i have spoke to a few people and was told that i have to write one paper in 2003 to become a MCSA and then write 3 papaers in 2008 to become MCITP professional. Another guy told me that i have to write only 3 papers in 2008 and that would be sufficient. Please suggest as to which papers will help me to acheive my goal.





    Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:43 PM


  • The MCSE 2003 still exists, however, its value is somewhatin question due to the age of Server 2003/WinXP.  You could finish the MCSE by taking exams 70-293, 70-294, 79-297 or 70-298, and an additional elective from this list.

    The MCITP Server 2008 enterprise Administrator requires taking/passing five exams, and all information can be found here.


    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Friday, November 25, 2011 5:58 AM
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:56 PM