Extend the sustain (Migrated from community.research.microsoft.com) RRS feed

• Question

• vinci posted on 02-08-2011 1:51 PM

Hello,

Is there a way to make the chords that are played sustain longer? Similar to if a piano player kept the sustain pedal down all the time. The effect I am going for is to see if it is possible to have a sample tone play for the entire length of the sample tone rather than fading out when the next chord is played.

I'm familar with using the ('...') for a hanging stop, but I didn't know if there was another symbol I could type in that would mimic a sustain pedal being held down.

I'm enjoying the software very much as it is something I have been wishing for as a songwriter.

Thanks.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:32 PM

Answers

• dmorris replied on 02-16-2011 12:24 PM

To keep the UI simple, we haven't made features like this available through Songsmith.  For this level of detailed manipulation, we recommend you save your Songsmith creations as MIDI files, and edit them in a MIDI editior or home studio program.  We've worked hard to make sure that if you save a MIDI file and your audio/voice files from Songsmith, they'll line up properly when loaded into home studio software, just for scenarios like this.

Hope that helps!

-Dan from the Songsmith Team

Thursday, June 2, 2011 8:32 PM