postal code RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a request from my customer, he wants after the adress filling, the postal code to be automatically filled.The problem is that I can't use live maps or google maps, because in my country not all postal codes exists in those tools.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Monday, July 19, 2010 8:42 AM

All replies

• Usually address management solutions work the opposite way: when a customer or user provides a postcode the software auto-completes the rest of the address. The objective here is to use the postcode to cut down on the data entry required and improve address accuracy.

Various address managament software providers cover many international territories and offer integrations with Dynamics CRM, for example: PostcodeAnywhere and QAS. Neither Bing Maps nor Google Maps are suitable for this purpose and the licensing fees are very expensive.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Monday, July 19, 2010 8:53 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply. This is required for sending letters to their customers, they know the adress and the city but not the postal code.I was thinking something like a new entity with 4 fields, code, street, city and postal code, and a workflow.When they selecta street I read the code and fill the postal code field with the right value.

Thanks

Monday, July 19, 2010 9:03 AM
  • Check out PostcodeAnywhere and QAS, they will both offer postcode lookup features where you know the address. I wouldn't create a new entity as the customer-address entity relationship in CRM is already complex enough, and is built to work with mail merge already.

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Monday, July 19, 2010 9:25 AM
  • Hello

Can you confirm that the solution AFD will also work with microsoft dynamics? We already use this with another database within the organisation.

thanks

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:30 AM
  • Hello

Can you confirm that the solution AFD will also work with microsoft dynamics? We already use this with another database within the organisation.

thanks

Yes, I have seen CRM and AFD integration.
    MS CRM Bing'd - http://bingsoft.wordpress.com
    Useful Tools  CRM 4 to CRM 2011 JavaScript Converter Tool
    CRM 2011 OData Query Designer
    CRM Forum Guidance on how to Help Us Help You
    Wednesday, August 24, 2011 11:39 AM