none
VSTO Outlook Add-In > Microsoft Customization Installer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I am working on an Outlook VSTO Add-in and manage to get it deployed using InstallShield to create the relevant registry keys under HKLM. The Add-In is signed by a trusted publisher. When users open Outlook, a popup is displayed to inform that the Publisher has been verified but still prompt to "Install" or "Don't install".

How can I get ride of this popup? 

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:29 PM

All replies

• Hello S_G,

This forum(Outlook for Developers) is for development issue related to Outlook Object Model and I think your issue is more related to InstallShield.

Since InstallShield is a third-part application, so I would suggest you contact their support team for help and for current thread, I would move it to Off-Topic  thread. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:02 AM
  • Funny enough, I got the same answer from Installshield :-| It's a Microsoft problem. No really helpful.

I actually figured it out by changing the location of the Add-In installation folder from C:\Program Files to C:\Program Files (x86)\. I am still unable to explain why.

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 2:15 PM