none
70-640 2nd Edition release date RRS feed

• Question

• I have started studying for 70-640 using the MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit and have seen that there is a 2nd edition soon to be released and was hoping someone could tell me when I can expect this? I'm also hoping that this with contain all the new R2 knowledge for the updated exam?

I'm guessing that all relevant training kits will be updated with R2 at some stage? 

Thanks,

Pat

Sunday, November 21, 2010 6:14 PM

Answers

• Soon........maybe

Microsoft hasn't provided an information as to when the MS Press books will be updated.  Back in the beginning of September, Ben Watson indicated that it would be "a few months".  You might want to take a look at this thread regarding the R2 discussion.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com:80/Forums/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/d9614142-1a0d-470f-ac26-d7289df769fb

Personally, I believe Microsoft dropped the ball by including questions on R2, and not updating either the exam objectives, or providing updated materials (until called on the carpet in the above thread).

• Marked as answer by PJN1000 Monday, November 22, 2010 7:38 AM
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:19 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Soon........maybe

Microsoft hasn't provided an information as to when the MS Press books will be updated.  Back in the beginning of September, Ben Watson indicated that it would be "a few months".  You might want to take a look at this thread regarding the R2 discussion.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com:80/Forums/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/d9614142-1a0d-470f-ac26-d7289df769fb

Personally, I believe Microsoft dropped the ball by including questions on R2, and not updating either the exam objectives, or providing updated materials (until called on the carpet in the above thread).

• Marked as answer by PJN1000 Monday, November 22, 2010 7:38 AM
    Sunday, November 21, 2010 7:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Charles,

I found that thread yesterday hence my questions because it wasn't mentioned on the previous thread about offical training kits being made up which is always handy as theres new content...

Monday, November 22, 2010 7:37 AM