Windows Home Server Console - Server Storeage - Calculating Sizes - Will not stop calculating... RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP Home Server EX 495 with all the latest Microsoft Updates installed...

When I go to the Server Storage area of the Console it never stops trying to calculate the size.

No Pie Chart, nothing... Just the green status bar always seeping.

Monday, May 10, 2010 3:46 AM

All replies

• Please checkout this FAQ first. If that doesn't fix it please run chkdsk on all drives in your server as described in this FAQ. If you still have issues could als be there's some file conflict. You can use conflict resolver add-in to find and resolve them.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 6:26 AM
  • Already checked FAQ and already tried the first FAQ with no luck...  Of course this FAQ focuses on "Photo" shares as the problem.... 

I guess I could run a ChkDsk on the server...  But everything else repoprts fine inclsuing all the disks report Healthy.

Should I be changing the "Owner" of all my shares to the Administrator?  Would this cause an access issue for people that actually own the shares?  Not sure how this would affect access rights.  I assume the Permissions / Security settings would take care of that, right?

I'll also have to add the "Conflict Resolver" add-in as I currently don't have it.

Here's the info I have on the version of WHS I am running now:

Windows Home Server with Power Pack 3
    Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.2423.0
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.2423.0
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.2423.0
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.2423.0
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.2423.0

I'll try all of this tonight when I get home...

Thanks,
    Rich

Monday, May 10, 2010 8:15 PM