CRM 4.0 Upgrade issues RRS feed

• Question

• I am upgrading my CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0.
    It is installed on a VM.
    In the first time I try to run the upgrade, I had the following error:
        Full-Text Search is not enabled for the current database. Use sp_fulltext_database to enable full-text search for the database.
    I belieeve I have fixed, I could not repair the installation, so I have restored a VM backup, with the CRM 3.0 running same as it was running before I start the upgrade.
    Once I have restored it, I run the fix to the earlier problem, and then I executed the upgrade again.
    The upgrade has failed again, because of these:

18:35:10|   Info| Stopping CRM Web Site AppPool
    18:35:11|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.MsiInstallServerAction
    18:35:11|   Info| Command line: INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM" TARGETDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM" WEBINSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\CRMWeb" WEBSITE="/LM/W3SVC/3" MSCRMUPGRADE="1" ALLOWRUN=1 SERVICEACCOUNTNAME="NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" SERVICEACCOUNTPASSWORD="" REBOOT=ReallySuppress MONITORINGDIR="c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Monitoring" ADDLOCAL="Server,Setup,Tools,WebServiceBase,WebApplicationComponents,SdkServer,WebApp,DeploymentService,DiscoveryService,AsyncService,Help"  PATCH="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator.BAHIA\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\YD2A6YSZ\Server_i386[1].msp"
    18:35:11|   Info| Package: C:\CRM 4.0\Server\i386\Server.msi
    18:35:14|   Info| This patch package could not be opened.  Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package.
    C:\CRM 4.0\Server\i386\Server.msi
    18:35:14|   Info| Win32Exception: 1635
    18:35:15|  Error| HResult=80004005 Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.MsiInstallServerAction failed. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: This patch package could not be opened.  Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.MsiUtility.InstallProduct(String packagePath, String commandLine)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.MsiInstallServerAction.Do(IDictionary parameters)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Action.ExecuteAction(Action action, IDictionary parameters, Boolean undo)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Installer.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.InternalInstall(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.ComposedInstaller.Install(IDictionary stateSaver)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Upgrade(IDictionary data)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Run()
    18:35:15|   Info| Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server upgrade Failed.
    18:35:15|   Info| Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server Setup did not complete successfully. 

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.MsiInstallServerAction failed.
    This patch package could not be opened.  Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package

Notes: 
    -I am using the same user I was using in the first try.
    -The CRM installer is in a local folder, C:\CRM 4.

Help!!!!!

Friday, February 5, 2010 12:16 PM

Answers

All replies