How to create simple reports using a DataTable? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

I'm developing a simple software in c# who insert some records into a MySql server.

But I don't like to create a report based on my Database. I prefer to do it based on a DataTable provided for a class in my MVC system.

Witch tools/ways can I use to create reports based on Objects and a DataTable filled with my data?

Thank you for the help.

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 1:39 PM

All replies

• I would look into LocalReport. It is based upon the same SSRS functionality but for local reports (windows or web). Although I strongly question why you'd do this as SSRS is faster and better suited for reporting than a DataTable. As your data gets larger your reports are going to take more memory to render and be slower as well. SSRS is out of band and more efficient.

There are also third party products that you can look at including Crystal Reports and DevExpress.  You'll need to post in their forums for support though.

Michael Taylor http://www.michaeltaylorp3.net

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 2:11 PM
  • Hi Pharaoh_fate,

selection of Technology will depend on number of data you are playing with and how fast you want to see result. If it is within range of 20-30k then you can use bootstrap data tables, will be best suit with MVC. within 150K you still can stay with MVVM; Knockout or Angular etc. 

If its more and complex then you can choose DevExpress, Kendo or SSRS.

SSRS you will get free but you have to configure. For DevExpress and Kendo you have to pay. I prefer DevExpress but it will depend on your budget. Thanks 

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:47 AM