none
Infrared capabilities as wifi

Question

• I have a question ..that no one seems to be able to answer for me. I  am not computer savy... but have had my status change from private to public access before my eyes.. and see a icon appear that I have googled to mean that someone is searching  for a wireless signal to connect to my computer.. But.. I do not have wifi.. recently I had a emblem pop up that looked like a small heater with waves comming off it.. and it was called infrared.  I have AVG also, and it would go into airplane mode and change to tablet mode during this time...I don;t own a tablet or lap top..only a desk top computer. I have but one neighbor close enough or anywhere near me that could be doing this.  My question is it possible to gain access with recievers / boosters ect to get access to a wired computer..and use the internet? I am at times kicked off due to this due to living rural..I go down and confront him..and come home and am able to get back on.. coincidence? or??? Anyone know? Is this possible with infrared? Everyone thinks I am crazy.. Maybe I am...
    Sunday, March 12, 2017 1:27 AM

Answers

All replies