none
Alerts not working anymore RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

1. My email alerts arent working anymore.  I've been back into my alert settings and reconfirmed my email address and it's still not working.

2. I get a confirmation sent to me, I click on it to validate my alerts, however I still dont get them.  Can you resolve.

3. Seems to be effecting other users too

Sukh

Sukh
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• This started to work this morning and has stopped again?

Sukh
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:48 PM
  • Something strange is going on with alerts and point calcs. We had to reset the notification service late last night. Nothing will be lost but there may be delays from time to time, we are working on it though. Thanks for the report. 
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:34 AM
    Answerer
  • Any idea of the progress?  Is there a service status page we can refer to?
    Sukh
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Still not working....
    Sukh
    Friday, May 20, 2011 9:20 AM
  • It is working but not very well, we are aware of the issue and hope to have it addressed tonight via some server maintenance. For the remainder of today alerts will be flaky, they will be turned off tonight from about 9:30 pm to about 11pm PST.  So we are hoping most of the issues we've been seeing this week get resolved tonight.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 5:00 PM
    Answerer
  • thanks, I haven't had any since my post on Wed @ 8:48

If you can let me know when they;re up, I'll be checking anyway

Sukh
    Friday, May 20, 2011 7:54 PM
  • You should try to reset your email in the My Settings page, at least verify the confirmation emails are being sent etc. I assume you've checked your junk email folders etc..?
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 7:48 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes I have checked that, I've even tried to change the email address. I don't get any confirmation emails.
    Sukh
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 5:43 PM
  • tested again today and it's still not working?

has the issue been resolved yet?

can you see any more issues at your end?

Sukh
    Monday, May 23, 2011 9:44 AM
  • still not working....
    Sukh
    Monday, May 23, 2011 4:23 PM
  • We aren't seeing any issues from our end, alerts are working as expected for most users. I am really not sure at this point what is going on. Are you able to try this on another machine or something? Have you tried using an alternative email address?
    Monday, May 23, 2011 4:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, I have tried a few others pc's and 3 different email addresses and I'm not even getting the confirmation email. No junk mail or rules, it's not reaching any of my mail accounts all located with different providers Any ideas?
    Sukh
    Monday, May 23, 2011 5:22 PM
  • all working now.

What changed?

Sukh
    Tuesday, May 24, 2011 10:43 AM
  • We are continually looking into issues on the back end. Yesterday, we noticed notification services failing, so we bounced it. We'll keep an eye on it.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:32 PM
    Answerer