Strange update behavior... what should I do. RRS feed

• Question

• Starting my computer this morning resulted in a very strange OneCare update behavior.  After logging in I left the computer to run and when I returned I found a OneCare update program <I guess?> had taken over the computer and was waiting for me to log in and proceed with an update ... since OneCare had taken over the machine there was no way to get to my password manager to get the login password (no service should assume a user can remember it's password these days) so I needed to shut the machine down.

When I restarted, retrieved the password there did not appear to be any way to restart the update.

What is this all about?

What should I do if anything? 

Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:32 PM

Answers

• The update may have completed when you restarted your computer. If the One Care icon is green no further action is required and if the icon is yellow or red opening One Care will recommend an action to take.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:50 PM

All replies

• The update may have completed when you restarted your computer. If the One Care icon is green no further action is required and if the icon is yellow or red opening One Care will recommend an action to take.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 2:50 PM
  • Thanks.  I will assume that.

But I must say it is a bit strange that OneCare was asking for my password when it did not really need it to complete correctly.

Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:06 PM