Vista Security Centre does not recognise OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the latest version of OneCare in a Vista Home Premium environment. OneCare settings are "default" and it is showing GREEN.  However Vista security is showing RED - firewall off and malware protection check settings (no virus protection found and windows defender turned off).  This has only happened since the update to OneCare Circle.  The other computer on the circle, a laptop, also on Vista HP and running the same suite of software does not have this problem... Any thoughts?  You would think that the two Microsoft Programs would recognise each other and co habitate peacefully.

Monday, February 11, 2008 12:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have a look at this post:

Windows Security Center fix - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2469173&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:47 PM
  • my problem appears to have been fixed.  althought the instructions should suggest to reboot. my problem wasn't resolved until i rebooted.  [also have this problem with my shift key - which you may have noticed - some times it refuses to operate - i get a pop up asking if i want sticky keys and regardless of the answer i lose the shift key - CAPS LOCK WORKS OK]

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:38 AM